Monday, July 17, 2017

Time to Pick a Bathroom Floor!!!

Sometimes I work good under pressure.  Sometimes...well, there just isn't enough time in the day!!!  I received word that my flooring guys want to start work tomorrow.  Yup, I hired the professionals.  The more I thought about doing the tile work myself, the more I realized it's just easier (and best) to let the professionals do their craft.  I have no problem doing most of the work myself, but with this big project, I figured I'd hire it away.

I let them know that I will be doing my main bathroom, as well.  So I needed to pick out a tile...and fast!  I couldn't find a tile I liked at Menard's, so I headed to Lowe's.  They had a couple different ones that I liked, but I was a mess!  I couldn't make a decision!  Thankfully, it was after 9:00 P.M., and they closed at 10:00, so my decision time was limited!  That actually helped make the process easier, because I went back and forth in that store NUMEROUS times over these tiles!

I was really intrigued with a plank-style wood tile, but I wondered if wood up against my hardwood floors in the hallway would look right.  But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it!

So under haste, I grabbed the tiles and headed for home!

Of course, to ease my mind, I had to at least test the tiles to see how they looked!  I think I like 'em?!

Getting a preview of how the plank-style tiles will look in the bathroom.
I did yet another round of cleaning up the mold, and the bathroom looks like it's ready for the install to start tomorrow.  I'll probably try to do a bit more cleaning in the morning, but from here on out, it's time to sit back and let the professionals get to work!

The area around the air-handling unit is soooooo much better!  Time to let it dry overnight!
 I also cut around the water heater with my "new" saw that I had purchased for cutting around the cabinets last year.  The linoleum and luan cut easily, and I was VERY pleased with how precise I was able to get it around the water heater!  Now the tiles can go right up against!
The water heater will stay!

Such a beautiful clean cut around the water heater.  Nice job!
The bathroom is clean.  Now it's time to let it dry!

The floor is washed and ready!  Just needs to dry before the tile install!

Ready for the mortar board!
Agh, how exciting!!!  I should have brand-new kitchen and bathroom floors within the week!  I was told to expect about 4-5 days to complete the whole project once they get started.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment