Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Tiles are Laid!!! (Minus Grout!)

The tiles are in!!!  And I couldn't be happier!  They look great!  The kitchen has a nice bright "glow" to it from the light floor, and the bathroom looks so modern!  The grout goes in tomorrow, and then the flooring in this home is 100% complete!  Yes, home, not house!

But before we get there, here's how we started the morning...

I intentionally left this cabinet loose so that the tiles could be installed underneath it.  How the day started...

The last of the tiles are going in!
And, of course, with all of the cutting, I was again reminded as to why I hired these guys...

Thankful I didn't have to be doing this myself.

Happy to let the professionals have this one!
What a difference flooring can make!!!  The bathroom finished up as the kitchen was finishing up, too.  Two big projects (almost) out of the way!  I still have to wait for grout to be installed tomorrow.

The bathroom tiles are in!

The kitchen tiles are in!

The floor is bright!
I've been feverishly searching for a vanity for the bathroom, and that has been almost more difficult than tile shopping!  It's amazing what these stores charge for a flimsy cheap wood product with doors ($650?!), and most of the time, they aren't even that attractive.  Or put together properly.  Staples?!  Come on.

Menard's wasn't coming through for me again, so I headed across town to the competitor Lowe's.  Here I found two vanities that were on sale that I actually like!  Now I just have to figure out which one I want in my bathroom!  One is a very modern grey while the other is a darker wood.  I already have soooooooooo much wood throughout the house (wood floors, trim, cabinetry, etc.), so I'm kind of leaning towards the grey.  But grey vanity on top of grey floors surrounded by grey walls?  I just don't know about that.  But it does have a nice Nantucket cottage vibe to it.

The modern grey vanity.

It also comes with a mirror.

The darker wood vanity without a backsplash.

It, too, comes with a mirror.
But the floors are in!  What a step forward!  I'll have to tally up the total cost with the new materials, but I should have come in around $6500 for everything (including labor!), lower than the $8000-10,000 I had in the budget.  That's GREAT news!!!

The tiles are in!!!  Yaaayyyyyy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment