Saturday, July 7, 2018

Thanks, Ma and Pa!!!

I think nearly everyone can recognize a good thing when they see it.  And one of those "good things" is taking something that looks like junk and making it new.  It's what I love to do, and most people can respect the efforts, too!

Well, I'm not the only one who gets the credit!!!  I have been working my full-time job like mad lately, and I haven't had much time at the foreclosure house!  Well, that didn't stop the work from being done!

Mom and Dad have GRACIOUSLY picked up the slack!  Part of it is the giving nature of awesome parents, and part of it is probably their personal desire (ok, Dad omitted!  ha!) to see tremendous results, too!

There is just something beautiful about Before and After photos and seeing junk turned into jewels!

So today, while I was away, Mom and Dad completed several tasks!!!

--clean kitchen walls
--clean garage entry door
--clean living room walls
--clean entry walls
--clean front door just for looks
--power wash deck

This was actually the text I received from Mom after the work today!  Of course, I was MORE than happy to treat them to dinner when back in town.
The 2nd bedroom before Mom's touch.

The 2nd bedroom before Mom's touch!
And After!  No more border!  And ready for paint!  Don't even ask me what they did to the walls.  I have NO idea.
The garage entry door Before Mom's touch...
And After!  What a difference!
It's awesome to have the support of truly amazing parents, and I recognize that I could not do these houses without them!  The walls are not prepped for paint, and the deck has been TREMENDOUSLY transformed and is ready for stain!

Dad says he doesn't enjoy these Before and After photos like I do, but, Pa, how can you say no to what you did today?!  Thanks for the four hours of power-washing!  The deck looks great!!!

The deck Before...
During!  Look at that beautiful wood!
The "new deck!"

What a transformation!  The black mildew is gone!
I love the color of the "wet wood" look so much that I plan to put a clear stain on it.  Why try to change the color when the natural look looks so great?!  What a transformation!  Nice work, Pa!  Go ahead and act like you don't seeing these pictures!  :)

The deck Before tree trimming and power-washing!
And After!  Ready for some beautiful stain!
The deck Before Pa power-washed...
And After!  Ready for some stain!

The deck now sees sun!
Thanks, Mom and Dad!  The meal is no way enough to say thanks!  You two are truly amazing in your support of us children!  I couldn't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment